Joyful journey hot springs
28640 County Rd 58EE, Moffat, CO 81143
We meet among the sacred healing waters of Joyful Journey Hot Springs.
Although the water rises from the travertine springs at between 120 and 145 degrees, they maintain the pools between 98 and 108 degrees. The water is a sodium bicarbonate type with significant levels of boron, calcium, lithium and magnesium along with several other beneficial minerals.
Native American elders and spiritual masters from the Crestone area consider this area on the west side of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains as one of the most sacred and energetically active places in North America. It is said that the water here is encoded with the energy of the earth from which it rises.
- The 98°F cool pool is perfect for those with low tolerance of hot water and that still want to get the benefit of our minerals.
- The 104°F tower pool is a great middle temperature for soaking.
- The 108°F hot pool is an ideal temperature for those with arthritis, joint and muscle issues – with spectacular views of the mountains.
Sorry, No infants in the pools.
The pools are drained and cleaned nightly.
Please no glass, smoking of any kind, or alcohol in the pool areas.
Lets respect these sacred waters.
This is a mineral that serves a major structural and physiological role in many metabolic processes.
• Bone and tooth formation.
• Heart rhythm and blood clotting
• Nerve transmission
• Foot/leg cramps
• Menstrual and menopause issues.
• Helps prevent osteoporosis in women, promotes stronger tooth enamel and bones.
This mineral is a major essential nutrient for humans and has numerous therapeutic uses.
• Plays a major role in preventing osteoporosis and arthritis.
• Involved in the metabolism of hormones, raising testosterone levels in men and regulates estrogen in women.
• Assists in building and repairing joints.
• Plays a role in brain function and cognitive performance
• Helps prevent tooth decay.
Although an infamous substance, in small amounts it is actually beneficial to human health.
• Treats parasitic diseases.
• Used in treatment of certain types of blood cancer
This element helps maintain electrolyte balance and PH of body fluids and is essential for the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which aids in protein digestion.
Iron is the oxygen-carrying component of the blood.
• Blood, bones skin and teeth,
• Hemoglobin production
• Treats anemia, fatigue and menstrual problems.
This element is essential for life and required for the formation of enzymes that release energy from food.
• Plays major role in metabolism of glucose.
• Strengthens muscles and verves, vital for the nervous system.
• Necessary for proper bone and teeth formation
• Helps protect against cardiovascular disease and lowers high blood pressure.
• Important to neuromuscular transmission
Lithium is one of the most powerful sources available for mood disorders. Lithium shows up in water notably in springs and spas where in earlier times people “took the waters” bathing in and drinking the lithium rich water for its soothing effects.
• Active in promoting the formation of new brain cells. (neurogenesis)
• Protects against neurodegenerative diseases including: manic depression and brain injury.
• Known for its calming effects.
Check out http://joyfuljourneyhotsprings.com/pools/ for more info on the minerals.
28640 CR 58 EE, Moffat, CO 81143
32 miles south of Salida and 50 miles north of Alamosa in the San Luis Valley of south central Colorado - on Highway 17 one mile south of the Highway 285 junction. Follow the signs to The Great Sand Dunes and Joyful will be on your left along that road.
At an elevation of 7700 feet on the valley floor, we enjoy cool summers and sunny winters, as well as spectacular views of the 14,000 foot peaks of the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness to the east.